Monday, April 2, 2012

Old Soda Crate Turned Garden Tray

Don't you just love old soda crates?
I love any kind of old crates.

I've had an old faded red coca-cola crate stashed away, with it's broken, loose and missing dividers and black permanent marker writing on it. (Don't you just hate it when someone writes in permanent marker on them?) I decided it was finally time to pull it out and give it a facelift. I'm calling this my Monday mini-makeover.


After the broken dividers and metal trim were removed, all I needed was a little sand paper, primer, white paint and clear sealer to bring this crate back to life.



I gave the edges a quick rub with steel wool to scuff the white paint and add a worn look and finished up by replacing the metal trim.


So many possibilities now! Maybe a serving tray at a summer party carrying mason jars full of fresh lemonade, maybe a magazine holder, maybe a caddy to corral miscellaneous items or perhaps a garden tray?



What do you use old crates for in your home? I'd love to hear more ideas.

'til next time,
Adina

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! Just popping in to say I love your blog and featured your amazing Easter centerpiece on Teagan's Travels this week!

    I'd love it if you have time to grab my "featured" button and post more inspiration!

    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/2012/04/destination-inspiration-linky-party-9.html

    Thanks, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such cute ideas! I am so glad I found your blog, I am you newest follower ;)


    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    Welcome and thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to check out my projects. 7 children -WOW- you must be an amazing mom and totally have it together. Sometimes just a husband and a dog are too much for me:) I'm sure your cottage is very full of love and blessings!
    Adina

    ReplyDelete