Sunday, November 10, 2013

Rustic Pine Cone and Burlap Wreath

Here's another quick and easy, simple and neutral wreath.
 
 
 
The inspiration for this wreath came from Pinterest.
 
While I was browsing through some of my recent pins on my Christmas board, this one jumped out at me and I realized that I already had everything on hand to create it.
You can check out some of the other great ideas I have pinned HERE.
 
I had a grapevine wreath, a bag of white dipped natural pinecones,
floral wire, wire cutters, hot glue and burlap.
 
Begin your wreath by twisting floral wire around the base of each pinecone.
 
 

Then attach the pine cones by twisting the wire ends around some of the vines in the wreath.
 
 
Continue this process until the wreath is covered in pine cones.
I also used some hot glue, just to help keep the pine cones in place, after they were wired in.
 

 
Make sure to leave a little space open to have room to attach a bow.
 
 

 
This bow is made from a strip of burlap that I cut and tied into a bow. 
You could also use a wide ribbon or another type of fabric bow.
 
 
The burlap bow is also attached with a floral wire that I ran through
 the back of the bow and twisted around some of the vines.
 
 
 
So there it is. Rustic, neutral and simple.
Just perfect for our little log cabin!
 
 
 
'til next time,
post signature
 
 
Linking to:
Funky Junk Interiors
Between Naps on the Porch
Nifty Thrifty Things
Confessions of a Plate Addict
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Love Grows Wild
Knick of Time Interiors
Not Just a Housewife
The DIY Dreamer
The Happy Housie
The Pin Junkie
Design Dining and Diapers
 Common Ground
The Hankful House

12 comments:

  1. Very nice wreath ;-) hopped over from DIY dreamer party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Thanks so much for sharing it at Knick of Time Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity on this, it turned out just wonderful, the white dipped pinecones is such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi--saw this at the DIY party, and I love it! I used hot glue on my pine cones, but thanks for sharing how to use the floral wire to make them stick better! Dee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the pine cones- it always gets me so excited for the holidays!! Love this. Thank you for linking it up to Get Your DIY On!!

    Mandy @ The Hankful House Blog

    ReplyDelete