Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Springtime Floral Wreath in Galvanized Container

I've finished up a couple more of those projects that I had started last week.
I seem to have been on a red and black kick.
 
I'll be sharing those projects soon, but not today.
 
Today I wanted to share a little more Spring inspiration!
 


I'm a sucker for anything galvanized,
so when I found these containers for 80% off last summer I grabbed four of them.


I decided to use two of them and create unique door wreaths.




The inspiration for each of these arrangements came from the images
 that I mod podged onto the fronts of the containers.





























I purchased two bunches of faux lavender to fill one and
2 bunches of faux white cherry blossoms for the other one.

I cut a floral foam into equal parts to fit inside of each container and
hot glued them to the bottom of the inside.




I trimmed the stems of the flowers to the height I wanted and
arranged them into the floral foam and also glued them in.





I added a wired burlap bow to each arrangement
and a nest with eggs in it to the cherry blossom arrangment.






These arrangements can be hung by the wire handle on the container,
in place of a traditional wreath
or
they can sit on a table or dresser top as a floral arrangement.


I really like how these turned out.
I'm planning on taking these to the spring market that I am participating in next month,
but until then, they will be available in my Etsy shop.




I'm definitely getting into spring mode now.
If only the weather outside would catch up to my mood.


How's your weather?
Do you have any early blooms breaking through the ground yet?
I've seen daffodils here in South Carolina!!!!


'til next time, 
post signature
 
 
 
Linking to:
The Style Sisters
Coastal Charm
 Life With the Crust Cut Off
 The Newlywed Pilgrimage
Design Dining and Diapers
The Pin Junkie
Debbiedoos
Talk of the Town

18 comments:

  1. So pretty!

    Hope you are having a wonderful week :)

    Blessings,

    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a great week Sherri. I hope you are too. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Those are just darling, and you are so lucky to be seeing flowers. We are still seeing 4ft of snow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. I wish I could send you a bouquet of daffodils. Stay warm.

      Delete
  3. Hi! Thanks for the great idea. I've got some vintage maple sap buckets that will be perfect for this idea. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love sap buckets. It's going to look beautiful!

      Delete
  4. I highlighted this post tonight on Centerpiece Wednesday!!
    Karin
    Www.thestylesisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project! The galvanized buckets turned out beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Jody!

      Delete
  6. This is so adorable and simple! I love it! Hello from Centerpiece Wednesday!
    leelee @ paperbagstyling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leelee! I really love how it turned out too.

      Delete
  7. Adina,
    Thanks for sharing these cute ideas at my party this week. You will featured at next weeks party on Monday.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, Adina! Thanks for sharing it Talk of the Town - I pinned it to the party board here - https://www.pinterest.com/knickoftime/talk-of-the-town-repurposed-upcycled-vintage-recip/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute!! Thank you for linking up at Talk of the Town!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! Love the sweet little nest, and mod-podged graphics! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete