Thursday, October 30, 2014

Cabinet Door Repurposed into Mason Jar Wall Vase

During a recent trip to a thrift store,
I picked up 4 matching cabinet doors.
 
I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with them at first.
I was thinking I would make a sign of some sort,
but because of how small the middle portion of the doors are
 I decided to turn them into wall vases.
 
 
 
 
Fortunately the cabinet doors were unfinished, without hardware and in great condition,
which meant that I could start painting right away.




I painted the doors with a few coats of a creamy white satin paint
and lightly distressed the edges.




Then I added a sawtooth hanger to the back for hanging
and screwed a metal pipe clamp to the front.




I made sure the tightening mechanism on the pipe clamp was facing forward
so that I could loosen and tighten it to hold a jar.




Lastly, I loosened the clamp, slid the mouth of my jar into it
 and tightened the clamp to securely hold my jar.

I made a couple with blue mason jars and a couple with green mason jars.

The pipe clamps can be purchased at any home improvement / hardware store.
They come in a variety of diameters.

  


You can vary this project to suit your space by using different kinds of jars
 and a different backing piece,

The wall vase can hold flowers, a small plant, herbs, pencils, make up brushes
or even a votive candle.


 
 
What would you use it for?
 
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy your day!
 
 
Oh, I almost forgot, I have a couple other cabinet door projects here and here.
 
 
'til next time,
post signature
 
 
 
 
Linking to:
Vintage Inspiration Party
Whats Your Prodigal Piece
Catch as Catch Can
All Things Heart and Home
The DIY Dreamer
 

6 comments:

  1. what a cute idea adina...those supplies are in abundance so most people can find them and make this cute project xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping to find a long narrow door to hang horizontally and attach 3 jars to it.

      Delete
  2. So fresh and pretty!! :-)

    Happy Weekend...
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very cute and will be fun for so many seasonal things. You could do one of the little snow globe type settings inside a jar, too. I saw your drop cloth pumpkins and love them. You are so creative! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Diane! I'm just finishing up a couple more wall vases on beadboard inside of vintage wood frames. These will hold winter/Christmas greenery.

      Delete