Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Cutting Board EAT Kitchen Sign

This fun project is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

While my husband and I were looking for treasures 
along the 100 mile roadside market on HWY 21 
through North Carolina and Virginia a couple weekends ago, 
we kept finding old cutting boards.

I picked up three of them on that trip and I knew they would work perfectly
 for a project that I had pinned quite a while back.


This project was inspired by Anderson + Grant.
She has such great style, photography skills and project ideas.
You can visit her blog here.
I started off by cleaning the cutting boards.
 I had to sand a painted image off of one of them.


Then I wrapped natural twine around the handles.



I purchased wood letters from Michaels.
Painted them black and distressed them.


The letters are glued to the cutting boards with wood glue


Like I said, this is definitely one of my favorite projects.


I love old cutting boards and this is a fun way to display them.


Have you made anything from an old cutting board?


There are so many creative ways to repurpose them.
You can see another project I made using a cutting board here.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a blessed day.
'til next time,
post signature
Linking to:
Vintage Inspiration Party

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I'm a big cutting board fan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cutting boards too Susan. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Great idea. Old cutting boards have so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! They definitely do have a lot of possibilities. Have a great day!

      Delete