Friday, August 7, 2015

Framed Burlap BLESS OUR HOME Sign

This sign started off as a plain, chunky wood frame that I purchased at a thrift store.
I decided to paint it a creamy, off-white color and distress it 
to allow the natural wood to show through in places.  


I created a stencil with my Silhouette Cameo to use to make the design.


Using the stencil, I painted the design onto a piece of burlap
 with black acrylic craft paint.


Then I cut a piece of luann board to fit the frame.
( this board is similar to plywood but much thinner)


I glued my painted burlap sign onto the luann board with craft spray adhesive glue.
Then secured the sign into the frame with a bead of clear silicone around the edges 
and a few small nails.


Lastly, I added a saw tooth hanger to the back.
The sign is finished.


I like how the black laurel wreath design adds a classic look 
to the rustic feel of the burlap and the distressed wood frame.


There are so many projects you can make with frames,
I seldom pass up an old frame if it has a nice design and it is a good price.

You can check out a couple projects that I made with thifted frames here and here.

Thanks for stopping by and spending a few minutes of your day here!

P.S. - this sign is available in my shop here.


'til next time,
post signature
Linking to:

2 comments:

  1. I love this Adina! :-)

    Have a blessed weekend...
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherri! Hope you weekend is great too!

      Delete