Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Vintage Jello Tins and Molding Candle Holder

I'm still working on getting unpacked and organized from the Vintage Market that my mom
 and I shared a booth at this past Saturday.
It was such a beautiful day and a lot of people came out to enjoy it and do some shopping.
We were super busy all day and very thankful for each person who took time to browse our booth.
Click here to see our booth.
We worked on numerous projects to get ready for the market and this is one of them.
It is a candle holder made from a piece of salvaged wood molding and vintage jello tins.
The inspiration for this project came from Angie at Knick of Time.
You can see her version here along with a lot of other great ideas.
I picked up a dozen jello tins at an estate sale and found the piece of molding at Habitat Restore.
The molding was perfect. It was shaped the same on both sides and it was already painted white.
I decided to make three candle holders.
One holds 3 candles, one holds 4 candles and the other one holds 5 candles.
This uses all 12 of the tins.
I started out by measuring the molding and cutting it into three pieces
 at the appropriate lengths to hold the tins.
I sanded and distressed the edges of the molding and then lined up my tins on them.
I drilled small holes through the center of the tins and into the molding just a little
 and then screwed the tins onto the molding.
 I found some greenery and red pip berries in my craft stash and made a small garland strand
 to weave between the tins to add a festive touch.
Lastly, I added votive candles to each tin.
The greenery and candles can be changed out to hold a small nest with eggs in the spring, Easter eggs,
 small pumpkins or gourds, even a little beach sand with shells in the summer 
or just use it as an organizer for small bits on a desk.
I think they turned out super cute. 
Have you made anything with jello tins? 
I always run across them and am looking for clever uses for them.
I hope you have a super week and thanks for stopping by.
'til next time,
post signature
Linking to:
Vintage Inspiration Party
Prodigal Pieces
Catch as Catch Can
Snickerdoodle Sunday
All Things Heart and Home
The DIY Dreamer

12 comments:

  1. adina how cute are these love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy decoration and cheap too. Great

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these candle holders and how easy it is to change up the theme. I just had to pin. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pinning and definitely very versatile. :)

      Delete
  4. Love this. So sweet and pretty.

    Hope you are doing wonderfully...
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherri! Have a great week and stay warm :)

      Delete
  5. So simple and beautiful! I love this look!

    ReplyDelete