Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wood Pig Chalkboard Makeover

I noticed a vintage wood pig wall hanging at an estate sale and
I immediately thought it would make a cute chalkboard,
so I bought it.
This is what he looked like when I found him.
Cute enough, for sure, but I thought a chalkboard would be even cuter.


I painted him with chalkboard paint according to the directions on the paint.


I love the way the details show on his face and tail.





I wanted him to be able to hang, so I drilled two small holes in his back and added a piece of old wire.




Here he is - ready to hang in a kitchen or even in a BBQ restaurant!




While I'm on the subject of kitchen chalkboard makeovers, 
here's another one.

A thrifted pizza cutting board chalkboard.




and here it is painted with chalkboard paint .


What do you think?
They make cute kitchen signs don't they?





They're both available here and here in my Etsy shop too!


Thank you for stopping by.

'til next time,
post signature



Linking to:

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I remember when these pig wall hangings were sold in the gift section of an Ace Hardware in the late 1970s. (I don't think Ace Hardware owners have gift shops within the store any more.) The boards were expensive and I like the realistic shape and pressed-wood attention to details. You've upcycled it and I think it is a great little piece of art now.
    Ginene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.homewares wall art

    ReplyDelete