Friday, August 9, 2013

Cheese Box Turned Shabby Farmhouse Storage

Here's another image transfer project.

It's totally making me wish I had an adorable farmhouse to use it in.




This started out as a plain old wood Wisconsin cheese box from Goodwill.





The box itself was in good shape. I grabbed it as soon as I saw it, but then I wasn't sure, so I put it back. I grabbed it again a few minutes later and still wasn't completely sure what I could do with it. I bought it, brought it home and began looking online for a graphic image that I could transfer onto it. It wasn't long before I spotted this cow image HERE and purchased it. I wanted a dairy/cow/farm image to coincide with the fact that this was a cheese box.




This is the second project that I have used wax paper to transfer an image onto painted wood.
 You can see the other project and read more about how this is done HERE.
The Etsy shop I purchased the image from even provided a reversed image, which saves a step.

I painted the box white and lightly distressed the edges before I transferred the image onto the top.




The image wasn't quite as dark as I would've liked for it to be so I used a black colored pencil and lightly colored it in a little.





You can kindof see a difference in the two pictures after I colored it in.

I also sprayed a clear matte sealer on the box to help protect it. 









That's it. I love how it turned out!

'til next time,
Adina




 Linking to:




   
By Stephanie Lynn

10 comments:

  1. Love your cheesebox - it is so cute - I have a couple I have done and they make the greatest storage - found you at pinterest Blitzen amd pinning this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy for the compliment and for pinning! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh how pretty! The box is beautiful, you did a great job with it!! Looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting back from The B Farm. I 'd love to find a box like that! Yours turned out great - love it! I am now following you - thanks for stopping by.
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cecilia,
      I'm following your blog as well via email. I'm anxious to browse through it when I get home from work this evening!
      Thank you for the compliment,
      Adina

      Delete
  4. Love how the transfer image changes things up like no other! Great idea.
    Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share your post http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/08/centerpiece-wednesday-88.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      Thank so much for the invite - I'll be right over to link up and check out your blog!
      Adina

      Delete
  5. How cute!! These would be so pretty for gift giving as well!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linsey,
      Thank you! They would make great gift packaging.

      Delete